Sunday, June 7, 2009

Social media as a marketing and PR tool... your ideas please.

How are you blending social media - twitter, flickr, facebook, youtube, blogger to reach your constituents, market your product, promote your brand?

Which tools are best for which demographic groups? How do you integrate multiple tools? How much time per day do you spend with social media?

How do you track your success?

The question has come up at work... if we add a blog, twitter account, facebook group, youtube channel - will anyone use it? Specifically, will anyone we want to reach use it?

I've noticed since I started following a few people on Twitter all of a sudden several people started following me... if they expect me to be interesting or funny or very active with posting they'll probably be disapointed. So I know we can get followers but as a communication tool for a targeted market just how effective will it be?
In addition to work, I also provide web / technology support for my church. Here the same questions come up.... how effective can we be using social marketing to reach current and potential members?

Is the reward going to be work the effort?

No comments:

Post a Comment